I suggest you ...

Add additional filter capabilities

I have been using iCurrent as a news aggragator. You can enter specific sources and/or topics or a combination of them to filter content that you want. Can you add a feature that will filter a site based on specific topics? If I want to read Business Week, but only articles on Social Media, a filter would only give me those articles.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dusty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminDaniel Franz (CEO / Founder, Good News) responded  · 

Thanks for your message. Apologies for the delayed answer.

Great idea. Something similar is actually planned but I am afraid I wont be able to release such features soon. For now if Businessweek doesn’t offer a separate feed for Social Media, you can only follow their whole technology section, maybe in a separate topic, and filter your stream utilizing the search filter on the top right side of Good Noows. There you can also create tags. Another way would be to create a Google Alert for businessweek.com for the keyword Social Media and add the Google Alert feed to your Good Noows stream ( see http://alerts.google.com). Sorry, only workarounds, I know.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DeLongDesign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I'd like is to apply the currently implemented "label filter" to a Custom Topic permanently so that when I visited the custom topic, ONLY those feed items matching the filter were shown. I'm looking for an alternative to running feeds through feedsifter.com to filter them and putting them in a Google Reader public folder (ultimately displaying on my own website through the Atom feed of the public Reader page).

Feedback and Knowledge Base