I suggest you ...

randomize feed order. I don't get to see some of the other less frequently updated blogs.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fernando Ribeiro commented  · 

I don't like the idea of messing the chronological order of the posts, but as long as this is an option in the settings that's off by default, i guess it's ok

• McFex commented  · 

I definitely support the idea of giving the user the choice to randomize the feed order.
        Or at least change the feed order.
        I agree that complete randomization is not desirable, so give the user the choice of selecting how many items per news feed he wants to see.

Besides that I think you did a hell of a job here - congrats :)!

• Bryan C commented  · 

Nope. I disagree... and agree as well. There should be user-selectable options for this: users who want it to be randomise can randomise it. Users who want it to appear as it comes in according to date and time will want to choose that. (I support that option)

• jeff commented  · 

I agree that it would be nice to somehow bump up less frequent feeds that I might have in the same category as a feed that frequently updates. Completely random isn't exactly desirable.

• yungchin commented  · 

Rather than pure randomisation, maybe some prioritisation by "interestingness" (where that would be measured e.g. by which percentage of items in a feed I've read?).

Feedback and Knowledge Base