I suggest you ...

Improve the sign up/ Login system. Possible bug?

Today I've tried to login into the Good Noows Chrome app after a period of absence. First I tried to sign in via the google button (a few times) but was always taken back to the sign in page. Then, I tried to type my email address and password which returned "email address or password is not correct". I also tried various combinations of old passwords but none worked. And last, I tried to reset the password which was successful according to the email but still haven't managed to sign in.

Could you point me in the right direction and help me sign in?

Thanks.

PS.: In case needed, I have an old MacBook running chrome version 21.0.1180.90 and flash 10.3.183.23

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Larissa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminDaniel Franz (CEO / Founder, Good News) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Larissa, we are getting reports of Google authentication not working every now and then. Let's try to get to the bottom of this one.

1. I understand the Google account login works but you are taken back to the Good Noows login screen. To fix this you could delete your cookies (http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=2 ) and try again to log in.

2. You probably didn't have a Good Noows username/password (other than the Google login). When you are writing "reset the password which was successful according to the email but still haven't managed to sign in" I think you used the "Forgot password" feature with your Gmail address. You should have received an email with a link to a page where you can set a password. Did you receive that email, click that click, set a password?

Hope this helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base