I suggest you ...

Unable to see any content, just shows "Loading" at top of page when I log into my account

I am unable to see any content, just shows "Loading" at top of page when I log into my account. I just signed up for an account. I tried logging in via my gmail account...that worked once. The next time I logged in it didn't work. Also tried logging in with facebook. So all the ways I tried it just see loading at the top of the page. The panels show up at top of page and left of page, but no content will load. I've tried it with all of my plugins shut off in chrome, and I've tried it in safari too. I'm on a mac if that matters.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Erik O'Banion shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminDaniel Franz (CEO / Founder, Good News) responded  · 

Hi Erik, thanks for letting us know!

Everything works fine for us. Sometimes feeds with invalid code or unescaped special characters in the content can temporarily mess up the stream. This is the only thing I can think of.

- Since you say “Loading” I assume you are using Good Noows in English?
- Did you activate/deactivate or add any sources/feeds after you signed up?
- Any chance you could open the Newsstand dialog and let me know which sources/feeds you have activated there?
- Or let me know the email address you logged in with? (you can also reach me at support@goodnoows.com)

Apologies for this. I have no idea what this could be. Would be awesome if you could help us out. Thank you.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminDaniel Franz (CEO / Founder, Good News) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I knew it must be an unescaped character somewhere. Thank you so much for letting us know in the first place and then getting back to me with this!!! We are going to fix this asap so you can get your apostrophe back in :)

• Erik O'Banion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looked in error console on safari and noticed that it said "SyntaxError: Expected an identifier but found 'Banion' instead". My last name is O'Banion so I noticed it might be the apostrophe causing the problem. So I erased the apostrophe from my profile and reloaded the page, problem solved.

Feedback and Knowledge Base