I suggest you ...

mark as read when scrolling (setting)

In google reader when you scroll away from an article, it is marked as read. I like this setting because I prefer to skim many (hundreds) of feeds and headlines and let the less interesting ones go by.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    will oller shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminDaniel Franz (Admin, Good Noows) responded  · 

Great idea. A bit tricky because in Good Noows the articles have different scroll heights depending on the applied visual style. But we’ll look into it. In the short term we are working on an “Mark all as read” button, which you could use after having scrolled through the stream of articles.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Deutschmann commented  · 

I would also really need this feature. For example I have a picture "stream" where I just want to see a picture once. Sicne there are more than 400 pictures each day, I usually don't manage to look at all of them each time I scroll through this feed. So, it would be great to have them marked as read automatically when they were displayed. Of course it's tricky in some display modes, but for example in comic strip view it'd be a bit easier, or?
        This would be the killer feature, I need to completely switch to Good Noows.

• AdminDaniel Franz (Admin, Good Noows) commented  · 

We just released Good Noows 3.4 - with a 'Mark all as read' button. It marks all articles read that are currently loaded in your stream. For now, you can find the button in the tolbar at the top (the X icon, same as the 'Mark article as read' icon) but I think I'll find a nicer spot soon.

All articles will be grayed out or hidden, depending on your preferences in the Settings menu.

I know this is not 'mark as read when scrolling' but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Feedback and Knowledge Base