I suggest you ...

Reduce clutter and increase snappiness

First of all, goodnoows is terriffic, however...
I have noticed that the site is currently getting more and more cluttered with features and buttons.

Please keep the interface as simple as possible, REALLY SIMPLE!

I only want to see the features, that I use everyday on the dashboard. In my opinion everything else can be hidden in the settings.

Examples:
- I do not change the font size everyday, shove it into the settings
- Adding feeds could be subsumed under one button ("+"), that then opens a menu like the filter for sources menu
- I also do not change the Layout of my categroies on a daily basis, so that could go to settings as well

Hiding articles, that I have read is a great feature, however I would like to have the opportunity to tooggle between showing read articles and hiding them with one click (Yes, I would like THIS feature on the dashboard).

The most important topic for me is the lagginess of the page. Please make it more snappy. Loading (and realoading) times are way toooo long.

Enough ranting... It's a great app and thats why I would love to see it get even better! Integrate Flattr and I will support you guys with a little inflow of cash.

Keep up the good work!

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Vincent Lammers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminDaniel Franz (CEO / Founder, Good News) responded  · 

Started reducing the number of icons on the toolbar and migrating them into the new Settings dialog. Will do more of this as we move towards a more touch screen friendly UI over time.

Also, settings dialogs much more snappy now.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base