I suggest you ...

Mobile support

Because you don't have enough things to do =)

A mobile site or apps for the iPhone/Android would be awesome.

365 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminDaniel Franz (CEO / Founder, Good News) responded  · 

I agree. Native iPhone/iPad/Android apps are on the roadmap. On the way there I’d like to optimize the mobile experience of the existing web app as well. If I only had the time/resources… Thanks for documenting this idea.

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please an iPhone app! That is the first thing I looked for after installing the Chrome extension. I currently use Flipboard, which is a beautiful app, but lacks the substance of Good Noows.

• Jay. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love support for Meego/Maemo/Symbian.
    But I guess that not gonna happen.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A shame this has not been done yet. It is definitely the feature I miss the very most from goodnoows. In fact I would say it is the only serious drawback that makes me consider using something different.

• Tim Sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Daniel,

I would be very interested in discussing how SDI may be able to help you bring your mobile applications to the marketplace in a timely and cost effective manner.

SDI is a U.S. based Custom Website design, Web Development & iPhone/Android App Development company with 4000+ clients in 40 countries. We are a privately held Business Software and Web Development company with offices in Silicon Valley - California. We also maintain Development Centers in Mumbai and Pondicherry in India.
    Please let me know if you would be interested in continuing this discussion.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Best Regards,
    -Tim

• Furkan Eralp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree with skipping the native app. People don't like webapps mostly, me too. I think they are sluggish.

An iphone app would be great.

• Vincent Lammers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A well done html (maybe 5) version would do the job just as well. Skip the native app. That way you can deploy faster, support more devices and therefore make more people happier quicklier.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be soooo great! I would love to be able to use Good Noows on my phone. Currently it does not work at all though.

I think the best way to do this would be to 'just' make a mobile friendly version of the site. One that is more suited for slow devices with small screens.
    I am somewhat biased here because I have an old symbian phone, and no one makes native apps for that. But that is precisely why it is the best solution: you will help anyone who has a device with a browser and not just iPhone/Android users.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base