I suggest you ...

Mobile support

Because you don't have enough things to do =)

A mobile site or apps for the iPhone/Android would be awesome.

362 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jeffjeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Daniel FranzAdminDaniel Franz (Admin, Good Noows) responded  · 

I agree. Native iPhone/iPad/Android apps are on the roadmap. On the way there I’d like to optimize the mobile experience of the existing web app as well. If I only had the time/resources… Thanks for documenting this idea.

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

With the ipad App, when you open an article to read there is no option to 'go back' to the goodnoows platform. Instead, you have to reopen the app and wait for it to load and it takes you back to the start of the news that you have to scroll through again to find your spot. A 'back' button that takes you to the app where you left off would be helpful. The alternative is to check the settings to 'open article in a new window' however after reading the article in safari, you still need to open the app again from scratch and wait for it to load! Thank you!!! I love using it!

• Lisa BarryLisa Barry commented  · 

Android app for Good Noows please!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Wonderfully executed. Looking forward to an Android tablet app.

• Scott FeinsteinScott Feinstein commented  · 

I'm also interested in an android app so GN can have a home on my shiny new Nexus 5. Please let us know how we can help you.

• nobodyneedstoknownobodyneedstoknow commented  · 

Hi there

yet more months have passed and no response..
        I have just started using this site and find it very nice, but can't view it in an Android App.

Come on people, it's 2013, not 10 ... hurry up

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just for info: I would MUCH prefer mobile site over an app!

• SantiagoSantiago commented  · 

In the past you have said your problem is time/resources. Then get some interns, or a kickstarter fund... I think a native app is worth it. I'm sure some users, including myself, would pay for it upfront if we get it for free (instead of paying for it again in the appstore/google play).

• John PublicJohn Public commented  · 

I'm seriously considering going with Good Noows, but no Android app means I'm going elsewhere.

I'd be willing to pay 5-10 bucks for such an app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

any noows on this?
        please answer
        i am in the decision process where to feed my feeds in the future

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any plan for Android App? I seriously think GoodNoows serves my needs better than Feedly. With Greader going obsolete, GoodNoows going to be my daily reader for a long time

• chrischris commented  · 

Could you fix the scrolling issue for the iPad?

I'd prefer to use Good Noows in the browser even if you do a native app because it allows me to use scriptlets like Readability.

• Anonymous commented  · 

keyboard shortcuts ala Google Reader - Exportfunktion unerlässlich sowie Android App :)

• MarkMark commented  · 

Any developments yet?

• George RGeorge R commented  · 

also for Blackberry10 please

• CarlozCarloz commented  · 

Version mobile please!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Honestly? I consider this to be the ONLY alternative to Google reader. I'm still trying to organize my feeds (with GReader I just had them all dumped in the same folder, but GN doesn't care for that as much), but so far I'm happy with it. I recommend you focus on making a mobile friendly website version than a dedicated Android app, because if you're on Android you're already committed to the Google ecosystem.

So far it seems the current version would work, but the scrolling doesn't work, and it's very crowded on small screens (Especially on a 480x360px Blackberry)

• Graham FluetGraham Fluet commented  · 

I'd really like a mobile version of the site, which is basically the regular version optimized for smaller screens. I have a Blackberry so an iPhone app is useless.

Although if you're able to make a usable app using WebWorks than that would be great, but by making a mobile site you'll meet the needs of most people.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base