Good News

Welcome to the Good News feedback and support forum. Found a bug? Got suggestions? Tell us what you think! Apologies for not being able to answer all your messages. But be assured that we consider all of them.

Before posting your idea please try to make sure that there’s no existing similar thread. Currently I can’t merge them and have to decline duplicates.

Many Thanks. Daniel.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. playlist

be able to push a single button and play all the articles in a search without pause

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi Daniel

is it you who also wrote the plugin for Trillian under the same name (Good News)? If yes, any chance you will update that a lil bit?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. News display in pinboard view

Currently there are 5 columns and some space available for another one. My suggestion is to leave only 3 centered columns. That would be more easy to follow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Долго удаляется

Пометить все прочитанным - приходится кликать раз по 40, чтобы всё удалилось. Как бы свести к одному клику

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. how can export all feed from goodnoows

hello

how can export all feed from goodnoows

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Too much articles 'in your face'

Facebook is a good example for a 'newsfeed' with, let's say, maximum 3 stories per line and infinite scrolling. Would be much easier to follow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Signing in every day sucks

Almost every time i click on my link I have to sign in - other times I just click on my favourites and up comes my feed - why cant this be consistent?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm, you should stay logged in pretty much forever. It happens that your session gets destroyed when we make a deploy but if you have to sign in every day then something is wrong.

Is your browser configured to clear cookies/cache regularly or every time you close it?

Which browser and operating system are you using?

Which sign-in method are you using with Good News (Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, direct email/password sign-in)?

Thanks!

9. New Microsoft OneNote APIs available for Developers

Hello –

I work for the Microsoft OneNote team on a project related the new Microsoft OneNote Cloud API. As part of this work I’ve been doing some research on scenarios connected to note taking and capture, and I saw your app in the Evernote app center. I was thinking that your app would also be a good fit for OneNote integration.

OneNote has been a core part of the Microsoft Office platform for over 10 years, and has already shipped to hundreds of millions of customers. The new API provides developers with an easy way to add OneNote Cloud…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. mark all as read : possible bug ?

Hi, when I try to "mark all as read" a whole subject with a certain amount of unread articles (several days without checking anything), it doesn't work, or only a few of them are marked.
    I've experienced the same problem with Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
    So I have to do it one article by one.
    But on other subjects, with less content, it works flawlessy.
    Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. if the former functions work, don't change them!!!

Lately, goodnoows runs like s"#** everywhere I connect to, and with every browser. The easiest and older functions of goodnoows, now don't work fine. For instance, marking as read all articles at once, or just one of them: i have to push F5, 2 o 3 times to do it. In addition, i just don't understand the improvement of the ever-hidding filter bar, cannot be more annoying
    excuse my english

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m really sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems,

>> if the former functions work, don’t change them!!!

This is not that simple in software development. Sometimes you have to make architectural changes to be able to keep evolving the product. For me all the recent API changes did not result in any problems but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any. I need your help here. Could you explain your “mark as read” issue in more detail? Especially, why, under which circumstances do you need to press F5 ? I really want to help here but I need to be able to reproduce the problem to fix it. Any details help.

About the filter/label toolbar: Apologies if you don’t like it. I will keep trying to think of improvements there. Just as an explanation: More than 95 % users do not use it. So I was facing the…

12. ... allow me to reach my account.

Hello, I'm trying for some days now to reach my account at GoodNoows, and would like to make some changes to the "Kiosk"-thingy.
    The screen blurrs out and that is it, I watched the loading icon long enough now. Is there some overload, some wrecked server ? Did I miss some update ?
    Thank you for yer patience, best regards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. I just tested and everything works normal for me. No known server issues.

A few days ago we had a brief database performance issue which made the site unresponsive for a while. Maybe you experienced that and your browser downloaded a partial file or your cookies are corrupted.

Did you already try to clear your cache (http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache )?

If that doesn’t work, could you try removing your cookies (http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies )?

If none of this works I’m happy to look into the issue. But I would need the following information:
    - In which language do you use Good News?
    - Which browser do you use (include version, if possible)?
    - Which operating system?
    - And if you let me know your registered email address I can look up your account in the database, make sure everything is good.

You can send this information to support…

13. Insert link to the Feedback system in the app

I'd very much like to have access to support options in the apps that I use on a regular basis. I only found the link because I was asked to give the app a 5-star review in the app, and the link is in the Chrome store. I can't imagine it would be harder than a few minutes work to add it next to the Newsstand or Settings button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Chrome Desktop App

I would be glad to see good noows as a chrome (desktop) app. An example is "The Economist" App, which you can find here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/collection/for_your_desktop?hl=en-US&utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The product is nice, but:

1. It’s very annoying, when “loading” happens down the road and have to search the last article I’ve seen.
    2. App for Android is much needed.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. share article: copy link option

I wish i could just copy the link to share the article. it's very useful when I'm in 1-1 conversation online, rather than 1-many options currently available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. look at netvibes and let us publish our selections

let us publish our selections of sources
    so we can integrate it in our publications as a service
    yep you can place ads on it to pay for it
    it looks much better than netvibes
    which would have to go back to its roots
    as an app and publication platform but not for rss feeds
    bloglines and google reader let us also do that

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 'Flatter look'

I've been using GoodNoows for some time now. I like the 'newspaper' interface. And the wide range of layouts available. Also the Newstand feature is very nifty. However the interface does looks a little dated now. I first tried goodnoows in 2010 and it still looks more or less the same.

You could do away with the 'rounded' look and bring in a cleaner minimalitic 'flat' style thats being implement with Metro/Modern Ui and Google Holo/Card UI. A new font might not be bad idea either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The design changed since 2010 but only small changes. I agree with your opinion and I’m working on a more modern design. But this is blocked by some more deeper changes, involving mobile and more responsive design. I promise to get it done asap.

UPDATE: I launched a new, flatter design. Got rid of most of the background patterns and images, without loosing the newspaper UX – I think. I’m still working on some deeper optimizations but am already interested in your feedback.

• Don't see your idea?

Good News

Feedback and Knowledge Base