Feedback and support

Welcome to the Good News feedback and support forum. Found a bug? Got suggestions? Tell us what you think! Apologies for not being able to answer all your messages. But be assured that we consider all of them.

Before posting your idea please try to make sure that there’s no existing similar thread. Currently I can’t merge them and have to decline duplicates.

Many Thanks. Daniel.

Feedback and support

Categories

• News are all the same area, must be dinamic to show the news as they are

• Must be an option, by clic or keyboard to tell reader "this news/feed is already viewed, don't show" and then hide the news and move to next

• Where can I save my favorite reads?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  1. It would be really neat if there was something you could do to set all your categories to the same view without going through and clicking each one. the site is great i love it! keep up the awesome!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. könnte sich der anwender künftig eine stichwortliste anlegen, die stichwörter werden dann in den nachrichten als highlighter hervorgehoben. wäre super. danke. übrigens: good noows is very good!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hast du das schon die Labels entdeckt? Einfach einen Suchbegriff ins Suchfeld oben eingeben und dann den Filter Knopf rechts daneben klicken. Dann wir der news stream nach diesem Wort durchsucht. Wird zwar nicht gehighlightet, aber es bleiben ohnehin nur relevante Artikel uebrig. Kommt das der Sache nahe?

5. Really Slow

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to see the desktop empty if I have read everything and not showing me some weeks old posts ... Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. goodnoows loads on IE 9. However, when I use google chrome, the newstand doesn't load, and I am unable to get past this issue

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steven,
    I can’t reproduce this. Sometimes this happens when some news content from a feed in your stream is not properly escaped. Can I ask you a few questions?
    - Do you use Good Noows and does this normally work for you in Chrome?
    - When did it stop working? (I assume it is still not working?)
    - Is this about the web app or the Facebook app?
    Thanks!

8. I've tried signing up twice with two different emails. In neither case have I received the signup conformation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can’t reproduce this. I just registeres multiple new accounts and got confirmation emails less than a second after clicking “Sign up” Let’s investigate this.

You are sure that the emails did not end up in a spam/junk mail folder of your email client?

Are you using Gmail?

Thanks

9. Hello Good Noows Staff,

My name is Andre and I’m an Animator and Advertiser. I, along with my team, create animated videos for companies and groups, like yours, to help attract new people to your website. Most of the videos we have done are over viewing the idea or concept of the website, in a really fun way, to get people excited and interested in signing up or to use the site. For Good Noows we would show how easy it is to integrate your product for viewing news into Chrome, while still keeping it exciting and light. Having an…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shows only a certain amount of feeds than scrolling stops....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think it could be useful to be able to limit the date of the feeds, so as not to see the month old articles anymore...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would love put a limit of articles (in the settings) to certain newspapers or magazines, so as not to have plenty of articles from one newspaper when I have only a few from another one...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. top bar can accommodate all options, gives more space for content

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Google Noows is wonderful app. But I have some problems reading news via this app. I have a small laptop (netbook) and when I read news, it is not easy to close the window, because the "close" botton is under the monitor's screen. That would be great if there was an option lets to change the size of news-screen that appears when you click any news. Or make a button on the top of the screen. Or maybe change the size of the screen.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Sergey. I see your point. We could fix this by automatically adjusting all the CSS dimensions depending on rages of screen sizes. Any chance you could provide me with the maximum screen size (or, even better, the available width and height in a browser window) on your netbook device?

15. Life is like a book of three pages.

First page is birth.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1-give the possibility to set as "unread" all (as the "set all read" one)
    2-give the news publication date and time
    3-give the "default" set of sources to other nationality too not only for the english speaking people (as the original google news do)
    4-thank you for your awesome work!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 – Yes, I plan to do that. There is a separate idea here in UserVoice somewhere. Please feel free to vote, to push it’s priority.
    2 – Good idea, will look into that.
    3 – We have default sources sets for EN, DE, ES, FR, IT, depending on which language you first register with. I’m working on a PT version. The main problem for me with other languages is that it’s hard to identify and find valid, frequently updated feeds with sufficient content from popular non-English written publications. Please feel free to suggest any!
    4 – Thanks!

17. It would be nice if he put the Portuguese language as an option, and a mobile version of the site. With the closing of googleReader, Good Noows and the best option, beautiful and well-resourced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Carloz, thanks. We are working on a Portuguese version right now. I hope I can release it in the next couple of weeks. Would you be willing to help translate the app. If yes, please request access to this document http://bit.ly/translategoodnoows

Native mobile apps and an improved mobile web version are also planned. Please feel free to vote on the respective ideas here in the forum.

Thanks.

18. I have several feeds I run through Fulltextrssfeed.com in order to read them in my rss reader. When I try to subscribe, it tells me there is not a funtioning feed, though I can view it in the brower. Please allow this source.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Timepiece, we are not deliberately disallowing any sources. It’s more likely that the feeds generated by fulltextrssfeed.com are invalid. Can provide me with URLs of example feeds that don’t work. Then we can look into it and maybe make our XML parser more tolerant for the malformations in these files. Thanks.

19. You cannot add Twitter streams to Good Noows anymore, so I searched for another option. I found a solution. You can add a Twitter feed as a RSS feed beginning with https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name= and after the = you add the Twitter username. Like this: https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=cnnbrk

This normally works, and also with Good Noows, but sometimes I just get empty entries.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?